7 October 2020

MINUTES OF THE HOGSTHORPE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

 HELD AT 4.30pm ON WEDNESDAY 7th October 2020

 

 

Present: Cllrs L Wildman (Chairman), M Culley, M Banks, A Green, V Worley and K Stafford (Clerk)

Also present: T Smith prospective Councillor candidate, K Hayes former parish Clerk in attendance but not participating

 

INTRODUCTION OF NEW CLERK

The Chairman introduced the new Parish Clerk, Kerry Stafford.

 

APPOINTMENT OF COUNCILLOR

Before commencement of the Meeting, Tim Smith, a prospective candidate was asked by the Chairman to speak on his background and suitability to become a councillor.  It was unanimously agreed that Mr T Smith was suitable and he was duly elected onto the Council.

 

PUBLIC FORUM

No members of the public were present at the public forum.

 

  1. APOLOGIES – District Cllr Paul Hibbert-Greaves.  CLLR p Smith was absent.

 

  1. DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST – None

 

  1. APPROVAL OF MINUTES - It was unanimously resolved that the notes of the Meeting of 2nd September 2020 be accepted as a true record of the proceedings and were duly signed by the Chairman.

 

  1. CLERK’S REPORT – Letters with refunds to the exhibitors who were waiting to see if a Christmas fair would be held are still outstanding.  Clerk to complete these as soon as possible.

 

  1. TO RECEIVE REPORTS FROM OUTSIDE BODIES & OTHER MEETING
  1. Cllr Banks reported that all meetings for Charity Farm were still cancelled.  Also, that ex Cllr B Hornby would no longer be able to fulfil the role on the Charity Committee as Parish Councillor representative.
  2. The Chairman reported that there is one empty plot on the allotment that had been turned down by two people on the waiting list as too much work.  There is also a half plot which has been taken on by a couple, the husband being wheelchair bound. The Chairman will ensure the entrance to the allotments is made accessible for all.

 

  1. CORRESPONDENCE - No correspondence

 

  1. FINANCIAL MATTERS
  1. The Financial Statement to the end September 2020 showing a balance of £35,138.15 was duly approved.
  2. Concerns were raised by the Cllrs that the grass cutting service being paid for did not appear to be happening as frequently or as thoroughly as before. It was agreed it would be checked how frequently this should be taking place.
  3. Payment of accounts was approved for £39.67 to S Dennis for churchyard waste disposal and £7.99 to V Worley for the brass memorial plaque for Alan and Betty Joyce.

 

  1. PLANNING
  1. Common Farm, Skegness Road – amendment to planning permission for sign to now be attached to the wall of the property – full permission given
  2. Land situated within Coastal East Lindsey as defined by SP17 of the adopted East Lindsey Local Plan 2018 – Coastal Zone Local Development Order under Article 38– various views were discussed by the Cllrs but it was recognised the date for comments and objections had expired so no further action to be taken.

 

 

 

  1. CHURCHYARD AND CEMETERY

a) The Chairman reported it will be necessary to clear away some bushes and trees which are encroaching on land set aside for future ashes plots. 

b) Concerns were raised over dog poo still being an issue within the churchyard.  The Chairman will put a further sign on the bottom gate of the churchyard.  

c) The Chairman reported that church members were struggling to put out the rubbish bins due to the uneven path.  The Chairman and Cllr Culley will attempt to relay some paving slabs but are not allowed to dig the ground to even it out.

d) The Chairman reported the church need to have a tree removed to allow access for hearses to enter the churchyard.  This involves an expensive survey to ensure its removal does not affect the surrounding trees.

e) The church plans to open its new car park for visitors during the day.  The church will be responsible for opening and locking the car park of a morning and evening.

 

  1. PLAYPARK UPDATE

A meeting preceded this meeting for which minutes are published.

 

  1. NEWSLETTER

Cllr Worley has produced and passed around a draft copy of the Autumn Newsletter.  Cllr Worley asked the Chairman to write an article to be included with regard to repairing the broken swing. It was also agreed the Good Neighbours Scheme to provide an article as soon as possible.  Cllr Worley hopes the Newsletter will be ready by mid October.

 

  1. DATE OF NEXT MEETING

As all meetings must currently be held in the main hall of the Village Hall, due to Covid-19 restrictions, it was agreed the next meeting will be held at 4.30 pm to allow for other groups booked into the hall later in the evening. The next date is 4th November 2020.

 

 

  1. AOB TO NOTE FOR NEXT MEETING
  1. It was agreed K Hayes former Clerk would be paid for her hours for a month to allow her to handover to the new Clerk.
  2. Cllr Green informed the meeting she had reported District Councillor Paul Hibbert-Greaves to the Monitoring Officer, Michelle Saks, for failing to declare an interest when acting as interviewer for the Parish Clerk position as a part of the independent interviewing panel.  Cllr Green also complained that she felt her CV should not have been handed out as part of the interview process as this breached GDPR.

 

 

 

 

 

Meeting closed at 5.35 pm